Registration for the 2021 season is NOT OPEN yet!
Under the guidance of the MN State High School Cycling League, we are opening our registration for the 2021 Fall season which will include small group practices. The format for this year continues to have some key unknowns, primarily what the racing format will be for this season. The League will provide an update later in July on the state of racing.
- Riders and coaches will be assigned to small groups for practices, no more than 10 riders total; these will be your groups for the season. Prioritized by family members first and then grouped by ability and coach's discretion.
- All riders will need to self-assess their personal and family health and decline practice if they are symptomatic of COVID-19. Riders will be removed from practice if they are showing specific symptoms and asked to quarantine per League guidelines (14 days) before being cleared to return to team practice.
- All riders, coaches and ride-leaders will need to commit in advance on their attendance to weekly practices. We envision this being on online sign-up during the prior weekend for the upcoming scheduled practices. With this, attendance tracking at all practices/events will be mandatory.
- Physical distance separation will be enforced at all times: 6' with mask while off-trail and non-riding times and 20' while riding. Passing protocols will be strictly enforced.
- Practice locations and frequency will vary by small group. The League is coordinating a trail-reservation system for all teams to reduce overcrowding from all of the metro teams using similar locations; there are many more community riders then we are used to. We need to ensure we don't overwhelm any trail location and keep our distancing guidelines in place.
- We will expect riders to be self-sufficient when it comes to basic bike maintenance (changing tire, fixing chain, etc.) and hydration & food. An early-season maintenance refresher and instructional videos will be included provided.
- At this time we are planning to start practice August 2nd.
- We are planning for two small group practices per week and no weekend practices.
- Practices will be conducted within small consistent groups of no more than 10 (max 8 riders; 2 coaches).
- The days of the week and exact times for practice will be determined by the coaches leading each small group. The location of practice will be located at the Elm Creek Mountain Bike Trails.
- Brady (head coach) will provide practice structure (drills, conditioning goals, etc) to be followed for each week including focus areas to practice on your own.
Team Fees - TBD
If you have questions about anything related to the team, registration or the upcoming season, please let us know via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you right away!
Prior to the first day of practice you will need to have an up-to-date physical that has been taken in the last 3 years. You will need to provide the physical exams paperwork to one of the coaches. This information provides a baseline of health information for the coaches in case of an emergency.